Tuesday, September 13, 2011

To love their children.....

We all know the popular chapter in Titus 2 where Paul lays out the qualities of young woman, He exhorts us to love our husbands, to love our children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, and obedient to their husband.  Two of these qualities have been tugging at my heart, but today, I want to share my heart on one.....To Love Their Children....

Some days, I end my days in guilt, laying in bed with all types of worries and questions running through my mind....Was I a good momma today?  I shouldn't of responded the way I did....Did I love on Grace and Joshua enough?  My patience stunk today! I have been asking the Lord these few days, how can I be a better mom?  How can I love my children better? and what all falls under the category of loving my children.  I do confess, that I fail, many times I fail to love my babies rightly, it may be the way I speak to them, or the way I react to the unimportant situations, or even when I discipline. 

So, as I asked Jesus, to show me His ways of love, and things I can do to LOVE my Children better, here are somethings that come to mind and heart.....create a joyful environment full of laughter and happiness, show much affections hugs and kisses galore!take designated time out of the busy homemaking schedule to play and give my full attention to them, discipline in love (always being aware that an affirming tone is always better then yelling), take care of their physical, spiritual and emotional needs....ooo and let me not forget my current lack.... patience!

Help me Jesus, to be the best momma I can be.....


Please do tell, what are some ways and somethings you do that help fulfill the calling to love your children??
 

No comments:

Post a Comment