Friday, May 6, 2011

Strengthening our foundation in Jesus

Last night Moe and I were talking.  He was sharing his heart with me on his relationship with God, and how he feels about being the head and priest of the home. I love how honest and open he is with me, sometimes I have to set aside things that cross my mind and ask God to give me his heart for my hubby so that I can better encourage him.  We talked about having vision, he shared his deep desire to lead us as a family to Jesus and of his need of Him.  Most of the time we are feeling the same way, it is like we are in tune with one another. 

As we talked we realized how much we lacked more of Jesus in our own personal life.  Yes, I strive to teach Grace & Joshua about Jesus, doing devotional time, playing worship music and setting the atmosphere,  but I get so consumed with the reality that my kids need God so much, and how I want to raise them in the ways of the Lord that I tend to neglect my own need of Him.  I need more knowledge of who Jesus is in order to not only teach Grace and Joshua but to train them, and most importanly to be able to affectivly with Moises lead our children.

What is our vision? What are our goals? Where do we want to be in 5 yrs or even 1yr? What is the root reason for confusion, or lack of vision? these are all questions we asked ourselves last night...the only answer we had was MORE OF JESUS. If we lack a strong foundation of the person of Jesus Christ then we will have no vision, we will feel like we have no purpose and we will NOT know where to lead our children.   We need our foundation to be strengthen, to be built on solid ground, and our faith to be strengthened so that in return our vision as individuals and as a family can be strengthened as well..


Lord give us the ability to love you, spark our hearts, return us to our first love...We need our hearts alive, we need to know You, apart from You there is no good in us, Jesus preserve us, refresh us and help us lead our family into the knowledge of You.

2 comments:

  1. This is good! I feel a lot of ways like this too. Where Im so busy trying to get Leilani in tuned with God and wanting her to know Jesus that I forget how much I need him too. Defenetly something for me to work more on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. =) I love that you guys are willing to work together as a team to bring your babies to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and that you have the ability to recognize how important it is to model a relationship with Jesus for their well-being. Oh, how your family shines the knowledge of the glory of God! =) The fact alone that Moe is seeking to be the very best that he can be as the priest and head of the home is such a testimony. I love your family girl... And I love this post. =)

    ReplyDelete