Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New home, new goals...praise Jesus for fresh beginnings!

It has been a crazy wk.  We finally closed on our house last Wednesday, I had a blog post ready for you all that same day but for some reason it wouldn't let me upload pics of my house, so I just gave up lol  So a little update, Yes, we are home owners!!! It feels so good, and I feel so blessed, God led us to the perfect house! The house was in amaizing condition, the seller was a believer and the sweetest lady ever! I was just amaized at how smooth the process was.  We spent all weekend and all of Monday painting the inside of the house, every bedroom and the living room are all nicely painted and we are officially ready to move in all of our stuff!!

How were we able to manage with two little kids?!? Well, I have the best babies ever, they were such troopers!! we painted the entire house with them right there with us.  It was a challenge but Grace was obedient and behaved awesome, and Joshua as long as he was fed and held for some time on and off  was happy too.  Grace took long naps, which was a huge surprise because she will not sleep anywhere but in her crib, that showed me that she felt peaceful enough in the house to take her naps. =) Every morning  she woke up say "house, house".  She loves it and I cant wait to wake up every morning there.

Well I have been thinking alot, now that we are moving into a new house, I have a clean slate, I can really make my home a place where the fragrance of Jesus dwells.  I want to make new goals, both in the spiritual and in the natural.  I am already afraid of failing! but never the less I shall lean on Jesus to help me! Here are some of my new goals
  • Make Jesus the first priority in our family. ( faithful devotional time in the mornings and with daddy before bed, prayer room time...etc)
  • Eat all natural foods and start making my own baby food.
  • Go on daily walks with the kids. Mainly so I can get some exercise.
  • Minimize the use of the TV. 
  • Make my own all natural cleaning products ( I think it's safer for the kids)
  • Put Joshua on a more consistent sleeping schedule. ( He is not the best napper)
  • Keep my house smelling nice and as clean as possible. 
This seems like so much to me....and scares me but they are just goals, something to aim at! 

With all that said, I prob wont be able to blog much this month, I wanted to start my study on Mary the mother of Jesus and I just haven't had the time to really sit and meditate but I will.. May is an insane month so please keep our family in your prayers.

Two main things to pray for are:  A smooth transition while moving everything to our house, and for my thyroid surgery this month! I am not thrilled and will prob cry the day of but I am asking God to give me dreams and visions while I am asleep during the whole thing.

OK! I have an entire apartment to try and pack and I have done NOTHING yet! lol Thank you all for
your prayers!
Here is my house =) and yes that is me hugging it! =) Glad this thing let me upload it!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for your family and your first home! You are stepping out into a new lifelong journey...so don't get down on yourself if your goals seem forever in actual fulfillment. One day, you will look back and see all of the changes that have taken place, STEP BY SETP,
    and be amazed....I know I am ;) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. =) Congratulations on your new home! I know that the Lord will continue to prove faithful to you during this season of transition. You are a wonderful mama and I love that you are delving into becoming an even greater homemaker! =)
    One goal at a time. If you try to do them all at once, you'll get overwhelmed. But I know you're gonna do wonderful at it, so hoorah! I'm with ya every step of the way! :D

    ReplyDelete