Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Loving my husband...

That they may admonish the young women to love their husbands.
                                                                      Titus 2:4


This past week I was given the opportunity to really walk out this verse.  My husband was sick, not feeling well, he had a fever, the shakes, and terrible throat pain.   Although externally I was trying to care for him, internally I was more worried about my kids catching what he had or even me catching it...I mean after all, who would care for me if I were to be sick..These were all things that were crossing my mind and heart.  I felt the Lord really tugging at my heart, and asking me to examine it very well.  " You need to love your husband Melany, do it by caring for him to the fullest".   I have a wonderful husband bless his heart, and he was appreciative of me just allowing him to lay in bed for a couple days and rest.  BUT I know that doing something just because you have to and doing something out of PURE LOVE is very different. 

I talked to one of my best momma friends *Nicole* ;) and as I was telling her " well I made him stay in the room all day, I just dont want my kids to get sick", she quickly stopped me in my tracks and said, "girl, before the ministry of your kids is the ministry of your husband, and you need to serve him" ouch! lol I love Nicole for that because she was right.   I found myself more worried about my kids, or not being able to make it to my free hair cut appointment, or moms group, or having to do everything around the house everyday then worried about making my husband feel as loved and taken care of as possible.  

Once I realized my ugly fallen heart, I asked for forgiveness and was determined to care for Moises in the best way I could.  Soon after, he was feeling much better! I learned something great this past week, and its that I not only LOVE my husband by just showing him the affection he is due, but by showing that love is the lowest time, and by giving him that AGAPE love....The love that doesnt require anything back....the love that gives without expection...the selfless love...

Thank you Moises, for being a godly, selfless husband, for being thankful for what I do, even when I know I can do better. And for loving me rightly.....


What are some ways you live this scripture out?

2 comments:

  1. I *love* you! :D Hehe. You're an awesome wife and such a great momma. Encouraging post. Now I'm off to pack hubby's lunch at 1248a.. Mmhmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too! and thank you..I am so very proud of you. and I love how you are loving your husband by packing him his lunch....that is the way to our hubbies hearts..they learn to love the small things.

    ReplyDelete