Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mary the Mother of Jesus...

So I decided I want to do a long study on the mothers of the bible.  I am not sure how I will do it, I am not the best study on my own kind of person.  I'm the type that has to sit and meditate for a while to really get something out of scripture.  One momma that I really want to study for a while is Mary, the mother of Jesus.  I just saw From Patmos an original play from IHOP-KC and most of the time my eyes were on Mary.  I just kept connecting with her heart in many ways, and not to mention the things that I mostly sing about spontaneously is the incarnation of Jesus. wow...I just remembered I wrote a song about Mary carrying the Son of God! O my word God just totally reminded me of that!! ahh! This just got a lot juicier!! lol Dont you just love when He does that???

Well today I started at  Luke 1:26- 38, I will most likely stay on these passages for a while.
 These are some questiongs that I asked myself while reading:
  • What was Mary's heart feeling as Gabriel appeared to her?
  • What thoughts were going through her head?
  • What did she feel and what did it look like when the Holy Spirit overshadowed her? was it bam your pregnant? or did she feel the power of the holy spirit in a paralyzing kind of way?
  • What characteristic qualified her to be the chosen woman to carry, give birth and nurture the very Son of God?
Think of these things this week, and lets share what the Holy Spirit highlight to us...

No comments:

Post a Comment