Friday, April 15, 2011

Faith in the Home

I have been pondering a lot lately, thinking of my children's salvation, and things I can do to better make my home a reflection of the heavenly home.  Moe and I were talking the other day about our kids, our fears of not doing all that we can do, our desires as a family and how we desire to grow spiritually, and our concern of our children wondering one day why we live or lives differently, or why we choose not to give our emotions and efforts towards certain things....have you all every thought of all these things?? ( I'am most certain you have =))

I was reading today, chapter 36 from Raising Your Children for Christ, entitled Faith in the Home.  In this chapter Andrew Murray touches on all our fears as parents and the simple solution...FAITH.  In our children there are every reason for fear, in Jesus there are every reason for faith.  When we think of our children, of their sinful nature, of the fact that they are or have already entered into a world where Satan has great power we should be afraid.  When we see children that have believing parents stray away from Jesus, we should be afraid.  When we think of the spirit of the world that they come in contact with, in school, through friends, in books and amusements, we should be afraid.  There are days when I feel completely weak, and disqualified, I think, how in the world can I raise my kids for Jesus if I am so weak.  I come in contact with my frailty, and worldliness and there is only one thing  I can do, and its throwing myself, my children and home upon Jesus,  BELIEVING and having FAITH!

Believing that he will fullfill his convenant with us and our children...
Believing that that by faith we surrender our children as His...
Believing that He gives grace, power and strenght to all sincere, praying parents...
Believing that He hears our prayers, that He sees our sacrafice and that He will set our children apart for Him.
Believing that my children will be saved...

Faith understands
Faith offers excellent sacrifice
Faith pleases God
Faith saves the household
Faith receives strenght to bear a child
Faith offers up the child
Faith blesses the children
Faith is first the spiritual understanding that receives the revelation of God and His purpose..
(reference Hebrew 11)

 He IS faithful, and He is the keeper of my home and of my children....help me believe!

A parents prayer
Lord, I ask You to teach me and all parents how impossible it is to properly train our children or be a blessing to them, except as we live the life of faith.  Open our eyes to see how our love for them, our influence on them, our training, may all be inspired and perfected by faith in the power of Your abiding presence.  Our fears,  our children's disobedience, and the wickedness in the world, can be fully met by Your power and Your love, if we only trust You.  Lord Jesus, teach us to know You as Savior of our children from their very birth.  Let our whole life and relationship with them, every day and all day, be in the faith of the Son of God, who loved us and gave Himself for us.
Amen
" Do not be afraid, just believe."  Luke 8:50

2 comments:

  1. This is really good Melany! I feel like that a lot of times too. I put that book in my mothers day wish list. lol. Because it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love knowing that a lot of mommas feel the same way!! And yea this book is a MUST have for all parents, it's so good and very blibical!

    ReplyDelete