Tuesday, June 21, 2011

12 principles: Apply in relationship to our Children...

This past Sunday on Fathers day, Mike gave an amazing message called God's Fatherhood released in the church and the home.  In my eyes and for my life, I would have to say that the success of parenting is being connected with the Father heart of God, and then releasing it into our homes.  When we better understand how His Father heart feels towards US and towards our CHILDREN we can teach better, guide better, and love stronger. 

This week, I have been asking the Lord to show me His heart, to reveal His love for me.  In all honesty I feel like I almost lost sight of His supremacy as God, as Yahweh and as MY FATHER.  When the revelation of who He is begins to fade, we live differently, get frustrated easily, lose sight of what our hearts burn for and then, there is patience....what patience?? sigh, yes I am guilty of sometimes being the most impatient momma ever!

I tried something different this week, I started out my days asking the Lord to show Himself to me, I opened the Word, and just surrendered it all to Him.  Praying He would reveal His love for me, that He would open His Father heart towards me expressing every emotion and thought, not only for me but for Grace and Joshua.  My one desire as I work on my relationship with my babies, is to love them rightly, to discipline them in a correct manner, and to speak life daily into their hearts...Lord, I want to know and EXPERIENCE your FATHER HEART!

Well, Mike shared 12 principles to apply in relationship to God, our family and others.   I found these principles so helpful, and this week I have been trying my best ( not always being succeful) at applying these principles in my home, and towards my children..

Here they are!
  1. Relationship building: Invest in others according to their hearts cry and passions.  ( What are the passions of your children's heart? what is something they relate too?)  Even God connects with us according to our gifting and passions.
  2. Affirming:  Our greatest emotional need is for assurance of being ENJOYED.  Even in their negative parts or their failures, make sure they feel enjoyed.
  3. Calling forth: Envisioning and inspiring them to take action. Tell them things about their hearts they cant see.
  4. Coaching: Training them, giving them responsibilities, then overseeing it.
  5. Encouraging: Speaking words of Life and reminding them of God's perspective.
  6. Serving: Seeking for the greatness of the children with a servant spirit.  Comminting ourselves to the childrens greatness and not ours.
  7. Enduring: Being patient and gentle with their failures without giving up on them.
  8. Celebrating: Supporting them emotionally and enjoying God's blessing on them.  Celebrate the small things.
  9. Providing: Investing our resources (time and money) in them in practical ways.
  10. Taking initiative in reconciliation: Take the lead in humbling yourself in strife. Even if it is only 10% your fault.
  11. Correcting: pointing out blind spots without provoking them to anger.
  12. Standing in difficulty: Supporting them in battles and difficulties.
Lord, I just pray for all mothers, that You would reveal yourself to them as Father, as our comforter, our defender, our greatest cheerleader, and as our  faithful leader.  Lavish the tenderness of Your heart on all of us.  That we would in return demonstrate Your Father heart to our children.  We know that without You there is no good in us, apart from You we will not be successful in anything we do.  Come Lord, with the spirit of wisdom and revelation and the knowledge of You, that the eyes of our understanding may be enlightened...Let us see you Lord and let our children encounter You through our parenting.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment