Thursday, June 16, 2011

Building strong relationships.

Yesterday, it seemed that my kiddies were tugging at me for more of my attention.  One side of me was thinking of all the things I had to do and the other side was telling me "sometimes house stuff just has to wait".  So as I looked down at my little girl who was telling me to sit and color with her, I set aside my routine and schedule and gave her all my attention.  As I sat down and looked into her big brown eyes, I was filled with such satisfaction and joy, and her smile and giggles were priceless!

One of the most crucial things in the life of a child is having strong godly relationships that are filled with the love of God, and the knowledge of Him.  As a parent, I know that my relationship with my kids will lead way to their relationship with God. 

Children long for love, for attention and it is up to us to demonstrate that to them, once they trust the love we have given them, they will trust the love the Lord has for them.  We are the gateway and the very thing that connects our children to Jesus. 

I am currently  reading a book called Raising Spiritual Children, and yesterday's chapter was on building strong relationships with our kids.  I had read this chapter after I had finished playing with Grace.  I felt like the Lord was confirming what I had felt that morning and telling me that it is in those times, when I give her my attention, my love and when I make her feel important, that I am not only building a good relationship with her but building a good foundation for the relationship she will one day have with Him.

As parents, we are the vessels that are being used by the Holy Spirit to lead their hearts into the love of God and our relationships have an incredible impact on their spiritual health and wholeness. 
Grace, momma promises that she will always give you her love and attention! forever & ever baby girl!
 
Joshua,  momma promises to always give you her love and attention! forever & ever baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment