Monday, June 13, 2011

Serving whole heartidly....

Days come and go, being swept away with the the loads that are being carried.  All the the different hats that are being worn, the mommy hat, wife hat, maid hat, chef hat and the list goes on.  What is it that gets us through the mundane, schedules & routines?  The simple answer we so easily forget....we serve Jesus Christ.

One of my favorite speakers, Dwayne Roberts did an awesome message on Sunday, he entitled it " Serving Jesus Christ".  I was reminded that I do what I do with a purpose, and I do it as service to Jesus, and as I serve my family whole heartidly, am serving Jesus whole heartidly.  In this season of my life, this is what Lord has given me to do and their IS a reward for all of my labors. 


Colossians 3:23-25
And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance: for you serve the Lord Jesus Chirst. 

Once this revelation is understood, we will be able to overcome the boring and the mundane, as we do our daily routine. Whether you are a stay at home mom or a working mom, always remember you are doing it as unto the Lord, you are serving Jesus, do it heartily, knowing that no matter what Jesus is looking down at you, and delighting in all of you labors.

Matthew 25:43
Then the King will say to those on His right hand, Come, You blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world...

Always know that there is a great inheritance for those who serve Him.....we will rule and reign with the King forever & ever!!!!! How glorious is the thought!

So, today...as I opened my eyes, I set it in my heart and mind that from the rising of the sun and to it's going down, all that I do I do to serve one Man and one Man alone...JESUS! and what a joyful day it as been........

1 comment:

  1. This is so GOOD! God has been speaking to me this week on servanthood as well. He whispered, "You are not really serving your children, you are serving Me!" I love my kids, they are my delight, but there are times of grumbling (mine and theirs, lol) when I am disgruntled with my lot. What am I, their maid? No, I am the handmaiden of the Lord, and this is where I am ministering to Him right now. You will receive your reward soon enough! The fleeting rewards you gather each day are the smiles, kisses and hugs of your beautiful children!

    ReplyDelete