Friday, August 5, 2011

Finding BEAUTY in having children & in being a mom..

         Yesterday my little girl turned 2.  As I washed the dishes, thanking God for the gift of being a mom, of being Graces mom, I cried, because for just a few moments, my heart felt the joy,  and the beauty of being a mom.  I was feeling great gratitude towards the Lord for allowing me to raise children, to be a MOTHER.

Psalms 113:9..He gives the barren woman a home, making her the joyous mother of children. Praise the LORD!

We have grown in a culture the depicts mothers as lesser, or that think having a lot of children is complete waist of time, or waste of a woman's life.  I have been asked many times, do you want more??? Ofcoarse I answer, first response is, really?? but why?? your crazy!..but if people and even mommas would understand the great honor that lays in being a mother, if their hearts would just feel for a moment the GREAT JOY, it really does bring, they would think differently.

Yes, its hard work,  yes I do lay down some of my greatest passions, for now, yes, I have to schedule my date night with the hubby and friends, yes, I dont sleep in, yes I clean and I cook, yes I wipe butts and get spit on BUT all for the GLORY of one MAN...JESUS! He is faithful in giving the grace, and the joy to those who love Him.

 Genesis 33:5...And when Esau lifted up his eyes and saw the women and children, he said, “Who are these with you?” Jacob said, The children whom God has graciously given your servant.


I feel it is time for people and most importantly the BODY OF CHRIST to view and see motherhood as something to be valued, for godly mothers, fathers and believers to understand and see the high position mothers hold in the eyes of God and to view children through His eyes..  Yes, I have two kids, and YES I WANT MORE...This is all part of my life story....and of many other mommas who have CHOSEN to be a Titus 2 woman.

Titus 2:4-5...that they may admonish the you woman to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemaker, good, obedient to their own husbands, the the word of God may not be blasphemed.


finding beauty in the most beautiful calling.........motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment