Thursday, March 3, 2011

The BEAUTY aspect of motherhood...at least for me....

Patience, selfessness, unconditional love, laying down our needs, becoming more like Jesus....These are all to me the beauty of being a mom.  I mean, if you want to learn sermon on the mount, then have a baby! lol  The day came when life was no longer about us, what we wanted to do, or where we wanted to be but it was about this little life, how a little person can alter someones life so quickly is beyond me.  From the beginning you are hit with so much emotions, being a mom as you know is a 24/7 thing, all day and all night, and cannot be done without the help of Jesus.  I cant be the patient, kind, slow to anger, merciful mom without the guidance and help of God.  Lord knows I am not perfect and still lose my cool. Everyday  a surrendering to the Lord has to take place because there is no good in us apart from Him.  I feel like there is such a beauty in being a mom, both in the  spiritual and in the natural,  I feel it draws us closer to Him, dont get me wrong I have many dark moments when I don't pray when I need to, and when I feel way far from Him.  But ever so often I am reminded of little things, it is like He whispers in my ear " the way you love and care for Grace and Joshua is the way I love and care for you".  The enemy so many times tries to turn that very truth around, but in the end the Lord is always faithful in speaking to my heart.  There is such a sweet revelation of Gods heart as I see the babies grow.  To know that God became a man and went through every phase that my kids are going through.  He relied on Mary for food, for diaper changes, for love and nursing, God became a man!!!!  I mean this is beauty in itself, that he has chosen us moms to encounter his heart through our children.  That we would come face to face with the reality that we are loved by Him, that He delights in our labor and in the unconditional love we give our children.   Motherhood sharpens us, prepares us to encounter His heart.  This is beautiful!! Not to mention the part we have in teaching our kids about Jesus, in being light to them and them seeing Jesus through us, it's a HUGE responsibility and scary for me at times, but with His guidance and a sincerity of heart we can do it!!

Motherhood is also beautiful in the natural.  The joy and smiles they bring to our faces daily, the hugs and kisses, the I love you's,  the giggles, running around and playing! It's like being a kid all over again =)  All though not every day is easy,  there will be tantrums and discipline has to take please along the way, at the end of the day you just cant help but love them with all of your heart!! It is nuts how by 7:30pm I am ready to put Grace down for bed and praying for Joshua to fall asleep so I could have some silence, but as I lay in bed at the end of the day, I miss them both!! =) I love being a mommy!!!!!! The most beautiful, rewarding job in the world, at least for me it is =)

No comments:

Post a Comment