Friday, March 11, 2011

The Parents calling...

OK! This book is so good that I am just going to share everything that tickles my heart! This paragraph is from the chapter called "The faithful Parent".....

The Parent's Calling
  There are two sides of a parent's calling.  Be very full of faith and be very faithful.  Be full of faith in the living God, in His covenant, in His promises for you children, and in His faithfulness.  Take God's Word as the only measure of faith.  Then, be very faithful and take God's Word as the only measure of your life, especially in the family.  Be a parent such as God would have you to be.  Let it be your one desire to live a holy life yourself, to rule your home, to command your household and your children that they may walk in the ways of the Lord.  Then the Lord could bring upon you that which He has spoken concerning you.  You can be sure that the blessing will be large and full. You will be blessed in your christian life as well as your home life with your children.  You will also be given power like Abraham, to enter into God's secrets, and to plead with Him as an intercessor for the unsaved.   God will prove to you that believing, faithful parenting is one of the highest privileges to which man can be admitted.  - Andrew Murray

Reading this book pushes me to become a better mom to my babies. It has increased my faith in God, faith that I can lead my kids to Jesus because he will give me the tools I need.  I am pushed to live a more consecrated life, a life that my children can become a reflection of.  My one desire is that Grace and Joshua would be COMPLETELY HIS!

Lord I pray for all the mommies that read this, Lord that you would place in their hearts a burden to see their children saved, a passion in their hearts to partner with You in raising spiritual children.  Give them grace and fill their hearts with your love, your gladness and empower them to live their lives wholeheartedly for you.  Kiss their hearts, and blow upon their garden, that they may feel your sweet presence over them and in their homes as they raise their children for You.  Show them Your tender heart towards them, refresh them, and even now let them feel a wave of Your love.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment