Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Why parents fail....more from the book " Raising Your Children for Christ"

I am still trying to tackle this book! It is actually a 50 chapter book, although the chapters are really short, they are filled with such wisdom that I always find my self  stopping, bible referencing, taking some notes and then continuing to read.  I wanted to share some things that I read in chapter 18 titled  "Why parents fail".  This chapter is bitter sweet, he speaks straight to the heart of the parent, not in a condemning kind of way but in a provoking way.

I am gonna list some things he talks about that bring a little sting to my heart, in a good way.

Cheif causes of parental failure:
  • Lack of self Discipline -To follow the will of God, to be obedient in the command & duty as a parent. ( ruling the home is a God given command and not obeying that command leads to spoiled & ruined children)
  • Laziness- The task of influencing and forming other souls for God, needs special self sacrafice, purpose, attention and perseverance.
  • Spiritual problem- Lack of true devotion to God himself.  
Solutions for parental failure:
  • Determine to do God's will.
  • We must rule our home and our children.( he actually says that not disciplining your children is putting them above God. wow! I agree)
  • Have a personal, strong relationship with God. 
 Laws in the art of ruling:

  • Do not give to many commands at once, take small steps, once they have mastered obedience in one they can tackle another.
  • Do no command what you cannot enforce.
  • Let your command be given in quiet, deliberate tones, with self control.
 I love this book so much, it has been teaching me so many things and I am so excited to put all these things into action in my life and as I raise my babies.  I know it's not gonna be easy, and I will prob fail along the way but He gives grace and strength and He knows the desires and intentions of my heart. I hope you all find this useful, I am eating all this info up =)

What are your thoughts??

Now, I MUST get my laundry folded and put away. lol its been a wk!! =)

Love you guys.

1 comment:

  1. wow. I can't wait to finally dive into that book! =) lots of sharpening going on dealing with families in the body of Christ. PTL!

    ReplyDelete