Monday, March 14, 2011

The Lord is my shepard.....

This morning was a bit lazy for me, I just DID NOT want to get out of bed.  Joshua was nestled right next to me, both warm and cozy as he dozed right back to sleep after his feeding, and little miss Grace was quietly laying in her bed.  The apartment was quiet and dim and my eyes were still feeling heavy! Never the less the princess of the home eventually called for momma and I as I entered her room I was greeted with a beautiful whiff of poop, or caca as she says..lol  walked in tired and walked out awake lol!!

So, after we were all fed and energized we started devotional time.  First scripture that popped in my head was Psalm 23:1-3.  Psalm 23 seems to always pop in my head, so I will just say the Holy Spirit led me to it.  I read vs 1-3, those were the ones that really popped out to me, and then danced too some praise music.  Let me just say that sometimes I truly have to go CRAZY dancing and jumping up and down to get Grace super excited and involved, some mornings she is more receptive then others.  If people were to peer into mornings here they would think I was nuts, but I gotta to what I gotta do to get something out my child, and let me tell you it works soo good! lol Anyways, after I layed Grace and Joshua down for nap, I decided to do some reading, and the Lord led me back to Psalm 23:1-3.  I started thinking what does it really mean when it says "The Lord is my Shepard" so I looked up charasterics and duties of a shepard, here is what I found, read and think of Jesus the whole time.

Characteristics and duties of a shepard:
  • In the morning he gathers his flock by calling out to them & and leading them to the partures.
  • He watches his flock, usually with the assistance of a dog, should any of them stray away he searches for them until he finds them.
  • He finds water for them from a stream (sheeps only like to eat from still waters, quiet streams)
  • At night when he gathers his sheep he makes sure not one is missing, and he is very watchful making sure that non of them leaves the fold, sometimes he even sleeps across the fold to make sure non get out. 
  • A shepard is very watchful and tender towards his sheep
  • Shepherding is life of hardship and even danger.  Shepard's often have to fight wild animals to protect his sheep and face many threats of being robbed while watching his sheep at night.
  • Shepard's are keepers, protectors,defenders,leaders,providers,sheilds...etc
As I was reading all of this, my eyes watered.  Jesus is such a good leader, such a tender keeper of our life and of our hearts.  He leads us perfectly, we will not be in a state of need, or poverty because He leads us, He provides for us, He protects us and defends us.  He leads us into a place of rest. When I read vs. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me besides still water, I think rest, pleasure, joy, comfort, refreshing, peace, food (spiritual), living waters, and restoration.  Today, I want to lay in those green pastures, I want both my family and I to just rest, rest in Him, feel the winds of refreshing, drink from His living waters, feel His pleasure and His joy! and rejoice in His perfect tender leadership, He is sooo good to us.

 During painting time, I made a little drawing for Grace to paint on this Psalm vs 1-3.  It wasnt a very skillful drawing but it is a good way to teach Grace and talk to her about the Psalm.  She is little but I know she is capable of feeling God's presence just as we feel Him.  I took some pics! ENJOY!!!
Grace praying for her baby brother.
Her prayer consists of putting her hand on his head and saying " Amen"=)




 

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Way to incorporate this into your family devotional time!

    Rock on mama! Amazing post! =)

    ReplyDelete