Monday, March 28, 2011

Sweet partnership...

 I sit here, my heart heavy once again with the burden of raising my children for Jesus.  Growing up I  never truly understood the importance of being a mom, the meaning behind parenthood, I always knew my children would grow up in church, as I was, I knew how to give my love 100% ( my mom and dad have loved me so well, so good and have made me the loving and affectionate mommy that I am today)but I never knew that it was so much more then taking them to church, and giving them a list of to do's and dont's all because God said so and that is the way to heaven.  There is something so beautiful about being a parent, it is the relationship that takes place between God and the parent.  The exchange of love as God gives us a gift and we in return give the gift back.  He places this baby in our wombs, gives us this child, to love and to raise, not to raise him/her just because but that in return we would declare the child to be His, to raise them for Him.  This is such a close relationship, it's intimate, its a sweet, sweet partnership, a blessed joint ownership over our kids.

1 Samuel 27,28  " For this child I prayer; and the Lord has granted this petition which I have asked of Him.28 Therefore I also have lent him to the LORD; as long as he lives he shall be lent to the LORD.”


No where can my child be safe or happy except with Him, and there is no other way I could effectively raise my kids out of partnership with Him.

I have always said I want to raise my children for Him, but now more then EVER He has placed this huge burden in my heart to really do it, to really raise my children according to His standards and the way He leads me to and not the way the world does.  He gives grace to those mothers you sincerly partner with Him, and He gives His strenthgh in the midst of our personal failures.


Think about it...are you doing everything it takes to raise your children for Christ? Are you living a life worthy of becoming a reflection of? IT IS OUR DUTY TO PARTNER WITH GOD, AND TO RAISE THEM WHOLLY FOR HIM....Teach and help us Lord, we say yes!

We are not mothers "just because"....

1 comment:

  1. =) Great post Mela. I love and honor your Mommy heart, and I know God will honor you too!

    Hoorah for running the race!

    ReplyDelete