Thursday, March 31, 2011

The heavenly Father and the earthly Father

If Ye then being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is is in heaven give good gifts to them that ask Him?
                                                                   Matthew 7:11

I struggle sometimes, struggle to really understand and embrace the way God feels towards me.  I feel at times as though I forget that He is my Father, that He is the PERFECT Father.  I know in my heart  one of the reasons the Lord gave us the ability to multiply and to have children is to bring us the revelation of His Father heart towards us, and in return as He reveals it to us, we become better parents. 

 Our fatherhood on earth ( this is referring to mommas too not just daddys) is to be the very reflection of the Father in heaven.  How do we become this reflection? By experiencing God and studying His heart.   The beautiful thing is, that He uses our children and our role as parents to teach us.  When we think of our love for our children, the joy they give us, the sympathy in our hearts when something is wrong with them, the patience and self sacrifice they require of us, He is showing us His heart as our Father, and how much more of all of that is in His heart.


O, that I may make myself available as a mother to breath in the Spirit of God, to put on the mind of Christ and to be the ladder that leads my children to their heavenly Father.  I love how God puts pieces together,  we encounter Him as our Father through raising our children and as a fruit of that encountering and that revelation our children will in return through us encounter God as their Father.  He is so so so good!

I can testify of a moment when I heard the Lord whisper to my heart and teach me a little bit of His Father heart, and He used Grace in the process.  I was just looking at Grace, I was telling her I loved her, and although she couldn't say it back, just in her expression and her tenderness towards me, I knew that it was her way of saying she loved me too.  I thought to myself of the scripture 1 John 4:18 We love Him because He first loved us, I thought wow, Grace has never had to do anything to win my love, I love her unconditionally, I love her because she is my baby and because I loved her first she will love me back...it's like God saying " now do you understand?" =) I love when He uses our little ones to sharpen us and to speak to our hearts.  It is little moments like that, that help us become better mommas.


God transform us moms and dads to be bearers of your light, to be parents who act like you, talk like you, discipline like you and love like you. That in return our children would know you as their Father, teach us, guide us...Let our main goal be to be parents who bring glory to You, and to lead our children straight to Your heart.


Parents are to be the picture of our heavenly Father, the ladder that leads their children to Him..

No comments:

Post a Comment