Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Grace and Joshua, created in my likeness....

Today is day 3 of the babies napping at the same time! Praise the Lord, I'm still trying to figure out whether I want to start Joshua on a schedule now, or let him fall into one on his own.  Grace fell into her very own schedule, hopefully Joshua will to, so far it is looking like he is.  Anyways with all that said, being that they have been napping at the same time, I was able to read chapter 2 of " Raising Your Children for Christ".  The chapter is called The family-Heaven or Hell,  Andrew Murray basically talks about our fallen nature. He uses Genesis 5:1-3 and 4:8,  He expounds on the fact the yes God created man in His image,  but the fallen Adam also produced sons after his image and likeness, unfortunately after Adams fall his sons took on the fallen nature.   It was one of the wonderful traits of Gods likeness that man had the power to give life to others, but when sin came into mans life that likeness was not destroyed but it was terribly distorted.

Our children were born into our likeness, unfortunately we are fallen people, and our children inherit our very own evil natures.   Thank God the Father for sending His son and empowering us as parents to be the very instrument He uses to mold the lives of our children.  It is through faith and prayer that Moe and I will be able to establish Grace and Joshua in the ways of the Lord, and  lead them to be instruments of grace.  Sometimes I think to myself wow, God chose me, He has entrusted me with the lives of my kids, It is like I hear him saying " Melany you will give birth to Grace and Joshua and I trust that you will partner with me and that through your prayers and your faith, you will lead them into paths of righteousness. " It is my responsibility to be a mom of prayer, and to lead my children in the ways of truth and light, lead them straight to Jesus.  We can only do it by leaning on our beloved, loving Him with all of our hearts and trusting He will guide us along the way. Out of all people God chose me, and has chosen you to be the mother of your children.  All I can say is Lord it is my honor to be the mother of Grace and Joshua and any other little blessing you send my way.  I will do all that I can, and give them all that I am and I WILL lead them to You by faith!

Here are some points Andrew Murray made in this chapter that really provoke me:
  • The consecrated lives of a father and mother will mold the lives of their children.
  • Parents must be what they want their children to be.
  • Let father and mother lead a life that is marked by love for God and others.
  • Let ALL your dealing with your children be done in love.  Angry words, sharp reproof, and impatient answers are infectious.  Love demads self-sacrafice.  It takes time, attention and perseverance to train our children in God's ways.
  • When parents love the Lord their God with all their heart, the family love will be stengthened.
  • Only those parents who are willing to live consecerated lives, entirely given up to God, will receive the full promise and the blessing.
  • If we want to make our homes a foretaste of heaven, then ordianry, half hearted religion is not enough.
I can seriously keep going but then I would end up typing the whole entire chapter for you lol.  I really recommend this book to all mommies and fathers aswell.  Well, thats all I have time to write, I am going to start on chapter 3, before my pumpkins wake up from their naps.

Love you guys!

2 comments:

  1. :) I cannot wait to pick this book up from our bookstore! :D

    I knew I wanted to read it before, I am itching to read it now! lol.

    Hoorahh for getting both babies on a schedule and for some Mommy and Jesus time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously it is a must read for all parents! even those who want to become parents...and yes praise the Lord for some quiet time! Lord knows I need Him lol

    ReplyDelete